Scientific competencies:Mining, Geology, Geopolitic, Geoeconomy, hydrogeology, geostatistics, geological modelling
Youssef DAAFI is geologist engineer since 2005 form Rabat School of Mines. He got other diplomas from Colorado School of Mines, Cadi Ayyad University and Marrkech Institute of Mines. Currently, he is Mining PMO at Technology Transfer Office – UM6P where he is in charge of development a Living Lab: Experimental Mine.
He has fifteen years of experience in geological exploration and mining. He also has a diverse experience on technical due diligence where he worked in several countries such as Mauritania, Gabon, Ethiopia, Nigeria and UK. Through this experience, he used to work on diversified deposits types such as phosphate, potash, sulfides and fluorite.
He published more than five articles (Author and co-author) and he animated more than twenty conferences and courses in exploration, geological modeling, stratigraphy, sedimentology and geostatistics in Morocco and France. He supervised more the 50 student research projects and theses.
He is :
- CPG-11831 (Certified professional Geologist) from AIPG (American Institute of professional Geologists)
- EurGeol-1380 (European Geologist) from EFG (European Federation of Geologists)
- Registered Member from SME (Society for Mining, Metallurgy and Exploration)
- Qualified Person on Geology and ore reserves from MMSA (Mining and Metallurgical Society of America)
- Regular Member from European Geosciences Union (EGU) ID 466881
- Certified Person by the Moroccan Ministry of Energy, Mines and Environment (N°99/2019)
Professional geologist from Geological Society of America (GSA).